Agile on Simple terms can be described as guidance on the selection of correct method and procedures. Agile Model can be described as an iterative approach taken towards following every single step so as the progress can be determined throughout every step and customer satisfaction is also maintained.
This iterative an incremental approach is taken for quick adaptability according to the facilities and most importantly reduction of risk at every other step. Here the task is divided in terms of time frame, each step is for the iterated into finer and more detailed analysis. Here each iteration further goes through various systems development life cycle steps like planning, requirement analysis, design finalizing, building the step, testing, and deployment.
The Agile Model is sometimes denoted to a set of steps followed to build a model but in reality, Agile is just the opposite. It does not provide a certain set of steps that can be followed to build a model but it provides the specific guidelines which should be followed while building the model.
In detail, the Agile Model has combined this following steps through every tier to build the model.
Requirement gathering– Hereafter the idea is discussed and the agreement is signed every specific requirement is being discussed with the customer taken input from programmers sales experts developers etc. Basic guidelines are discussed here and confirmation from the customer is taken so as to avoid any future conflict.
Refining requirements– Here more technical aspects are being discussed. And with the help of multiple operations, new features and requirements are introduced.
Design finalization– Developers product owners testers and clients agree upon the design document specification taking reviews from the stakeholders. Using the different parameters as the general idea the blueprint is finalized.
Coding– Here the codes are generated using various tools like a compiler, interpreter etc.
Testing– Here testing is done to find any bug and product validation according to the design is performed using various test like UAT testing etc.
Acceptance testing– Here the build-up product is tested in live machines as a final step.
After all, the process above is performed and client satisfaction is ensured then we can move on to the next which involves all the above steps repeated again.
Agile Model has few approaches as follows:-
- Extreme programming– Extreme programming works on communication and feedback principal. It believes and simple two ways communication system. The application here is capable of adapting and changing as a requirement and as a simple approach. Hear the key factor is client interaction and Communications which leads to the development of the adaptive application.
- Scrum– Here a number of deliverables are provided for the project. Continuous update of the named backlog is done after being identified. The project division units here are called sprint and each step last about a week to a month. Each sprint here uses increment based on the usable and visible deliverable. Here every step redeems on active communication in the team and follows up using backlogs.
- Crystal methodology– Gradual building up starting from a small task is the logic used here. Here enhancing the work of the people is involved more like a people-centric approach. Efforts are diverted more towards the work building endless towards the overhead activities. It can also be denoted as a collaborative process involving more of tracking and iterations.
- Dynamic system development methods (DSDM) – This methodology is used on projects which have tighter schedules and budget. Rapid Application Development (RAD) is used.
Feature driven development (FDD) – Here the main person is to deliver tangible working software in a timely and repeatedly manner.
What are Agile Model uses some principles as follows
- A clear understanding of the various requirement and close contact with the customer is established. Many times a customer representative often joins the team. The review session is run through following every iteration by stakeholders and the customer representative to evaluate the progress and re-evaluate the requirements.
- The incremental versions of the software are frequently delivered to the customer representative in the interval of weeks.
- Working software deployment is more reliable in this model rather than comprehensive documentation.
- Communication here is the major priority. Rather than paper best communication one-on-one communication is more effective here.
- It’s not a Taboo here for the customer to incorporate more advanced requirement during the process, in fact, such request on encouraged an Incorporated more efficiently.
- Here in this development process pair-programming deployment is encouraged. Here to programmers involve working at one work station which switching rules between reviewing and coding as the codes are typed in.
- Reduces the risk factor.
- Pair programming allows well-written compact programs with lesser errors as compared to one programmer.
- Each iteration gives a perspective to the customer about software development. So any changes in the steps can be done if it’s needed to without changing the whole program.
- Face to face communications is involved in creating minor confusions.
- High quality is created at less cost.
Do Check Our Other Blog Post –
- Misinterpretation can happen due to lack of formal documentation and confusions created while the decisions are taken during various phases.
- Maintenance of the developing project is a problem due to poor documentation as for when the project completes the developers are assigned to another project.
- No clear visions are provided in the beginning.
- Planning grounds are smaller.